Active in research and industrial fields able to develop theories and to
transfer them into practical world of applications. Most of the past and
present projects regard to the digital control and systems, sensors,
measurements, power systems, telecommunications, embedded systems, and
energy management. Prefers high responsibility and leading roles in
interdisciplinary projects. Effective, organised and visionary.
TECHNICAL SKILLS IN PROGRAMMING
- Experienced in Product Development, Requirement Analysis, Project
Management and Planning and as General Manager
- Adaptable to Dynamic Working Environments, Open and Communicative
- Strong Enthusiast with Innovative Solutions
- B.Sc. degree at University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (5 year study ~ M.Sc.),
from Electrical Engineering / Robotics
- Last year of the Ph.D at international school at Josef Stefan
- Superior young researcher in Slovenia (won national prizes on
national level starting at the age of 11)
- About 15+ years of experience
- Author of 3 fired patents and 2 pending patents
TECHNICAL SKILLS IN ELECTRONICS
- Programming Languages: Assembler, Pascal, C and Advanced C++
- Desktop Software Design on Linux, Windows (typically based on
Trolltech Qt framework)
- Firmware Design (real-time processing in very resource limited systems)
- Real-Time Software Design
- Software Architecture Design
- Compact RTOS (Real-Time Operating System) Kernel and Device Driver Design
- Architecture and Design of Large Area Control Systems
- Data Acquisition, Monitoring, and Control
- Mixed Signal Analogue and Digital Design and Analysis
- Small Signal and Power Electronics
- Discrete, Active Filters
- Schematic (SCH) and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) CAD Design:
Protel, Eagle, Mentor Graphics
- Simulation Software: Spice, ModelSim, SymphonyEDA
- Power Line Communication, TCP/IP, USB, I2C, SPI, SMBus, 1-Wire, RS-232, RS-485
- Embedded Systems, Soft Cores, PCI Design
- MCU (Micro-controller) and DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Solutions,
Motorola 68k and HC11, Atmel AVR, Microchip PIC and dsPIC, Cypress PSoC,
Analog Devices ADSP, Texas Instruments TMS320x24x, TMS320VC54xx, Motorola
MPC860, Altera Nios and NiosII
- FPGA Solutions: Altera Stratix, Cyclon and Apex20KE, Xilinx XC4000,
XC5200, Lattice ispPAC, LatticeXP, Philips CoolRunner
- PALASM, ABEL, VHDL and Verilog
- Distributed Control Architectures: Echelon, CAN, LIN, Custom
(Combined) Control Area Networks
- Design of Sensors: Temperature, Dynamo-meter, Ultrasound Sonar,
Isolated and Non-Isolated DC and AC Meters
- Wireless Solutions: Bluetooth, and Cypress Wireless USB
- Linear and Switched (Pulse) Power Supply, Inverter
- Motor Control Design
Demand Side Management for Households and Utilities, Energy Conductors, 2004-2011
General Manager. Embraces today's problematic of the electric and heat
energy consumption, savings, and protection. Invention includes
architecture and theory of operation, development of hardware and
software components that operate as distributed elements to provide
complete control over the energy in households and industry. Special
interest are system with combined energy sources, as solar power,
wind-power, and generators.
New Heavy Duty Actuator HD22, Danfoss, 2008-2011
Research and development of a new line of electronics for actuators in
district heating, incorporating latest technologies and force control
ANKA - Synchrotron Control System, Institute Karlsruhe and IJS 1997-2000
Technical chief for hardware and firmware designer of the distributed
control electronics based on LonWorks technology for high-precision power
supplies and vacuum pumps of the world's first low-cost synchrotron.
Multi Channel LED Drivers, FTA, 2010
Design of multi-channel LED current driver based around isolated fly-back
power supply and embedded system with compact power line module, and the
innovative DimZ communication protocol between the switches and LED
Isolated DC Meter, Partner: Kolektor Magma, 2005-2007
Novel method for measuring magnetic field strength without the hall
sensor has been proposed, derived, (patent pending Uros Platise et al.).
LCD/TFT Controller with Embedded 32 bit CPU, Gorenje 2007
Development of the low-cost and powerful single chip (FPGA) solution
computer system with touch screen LCD/TFT.
Sensor Network Protocol, ISOTEL, 2005-2011
The novel concept of the large scale distributed system network system.
Scope of the project is to support full range of sensors from low-cost to
high-end, based on fully distributed manner with redundancy control, self
healing, self binding, and self describing.
Low Cost Power-Line Modem for Sensors and Actuators, ISOTEL, 2005
Features novel low cost and small form factor power-line modem, single
chip solution, providing additional inputs for sensors and outputs.
Distributed ECG Monitoring System, Konel, 2003-2005
Technical project manager, and hardware and software designer and of the
Distributed ECG Monitoring System to gather ECG and other human vital
information for real-time (alarm detections) and post-time analysis.
VFA Processor for V5.2 POTS, IPS, 2003
Designer and developer of the core FPGA and supporting POTS boards. Based
on Altera 32-bit Nios core, fast burst SRAM mode interface, FLASH, TDM
switch, clock validation, and other logic have been implemented for
operation in high-availability environment.
ATCA PCI/FPGA Bridges, Iskratel, 2004
Designer and developer of the Altera Stratix FPGAs incorporating
soft-cores (PCI, IDE) as well as custom logic (Motorola, Texas)
Flash Start System, Hidria - AET Hidria, Cosylab, 2002-2003
Technical project manager and electronics designer of the next generation
diesel plug control.
Inverter Control Board, Elektrona, 2002-2003
Designer of the hardware and board support package software for the
general purpose 3-phase inverter control board with extended features,
such as synchronisation, power savings mode, overload operation. Peak
power of 1 kW at output voltage of 230 V and battery voltage of 12 V.
Distributed Power Meter with Switch, Indata, 2004
Based on the Echelon Power-Line Modem, distributed switch with meter is a
key part of the power management control and load failure analysis.
Integrated Resolver Unit, cooperation with Institute Josef Stefan, 2000-2002
Researcher and developer of novel and worldwide patented invention
describing a method for restoring the position of the motor even at DC
speeds and acts just as like resolver unit.
USB mini Laboratory, andeuros 2004-2007
Designer and developer of versatile small form factor USB device with GNU
firmware, that may act as programmer of PSoC devices, stimulator of
digital and analogue signals, data acquisition, I2C/UART/SPI bridge, and
Universal Computer Aided Source, andeuros, 2004
Designer and developer of laboratory MCU based isolated standard Europa
computer controlled power supply, with adjustable 2nd order regulator,
current/voltage modulator, function generator.
Micro Tools, andeuros 1997-1999
Designer and developer of GNU software tools for Atmel AVR, including
assembler and linker (ava), widely used Atmel AVR programmer (uisp) with
support for GCC. Sources are available on the internet and are currently
maintained by others (savannah.nongn.org).
Additional Contact information is available on the Information Page.
Software Contractors' Guild (www.scguild.com)
Copyright(c) 1995 - 2010 Uros Platise and Software Contractors' Guild