MARK D. FUINI
Experienced software professional with over 15 years experience architects, designs, and implements software systems to solve client business problems.
Bachelor of Science, Computer and
Systems Engineering -
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
Course Work for Master of Science, Computer Engineering - Summer 1995 – January 1998
· Acquired software development responsibility for beta release of fingerprint authentication system from outside vendors including development of the administration web application and fingerprint matching server.
· Worked remotely in VMWare environment through a VPN to implemented software requirements independently.
· Managed time effectively, maintained issues lists, and met with directors on a daily basis to monitor progress and clarify any design issues.
integrated workspaces for existing code in Eclipse 3.3 and developed build
· Enhanced Struts based administration web application and ported from Tomcat 5 to Websphere 5.1,Weblogic 8.1
· Ported stored procedures from SQL server to DB2 8.1 and Oracle 9i using migration tools fromIBM and Oracle.
· Made modifications to the architecture of the matching server, utilized threads to achieve asynchronous communication between components, added user and application licensing requirements.
FIPS-140 encryption to fingerprint transport from the browser over HTTP using
2-pass AES encryption algorithm initiated by
· Developed, documented, and packaged authentication API for third parties to integration fingerprint authentication into existing web applications.
· Created projects in Serena version control system for source code and documentation. Began work with promotion model to manage the build and release process.
Sourcing Application, IBM, EAD4J, Java,
· Participated in worldwide full lifecycle development of IBM’s global contractor purchasing system as a member of a remote team.
· Created component level designs from customer requirements which were reviewed and approved by the customer.
· Created low level designs for implementation by developers which were reviewed by software engineers.
· Implemented new functionality and maintained existing code using IBM’s model view controller Java framework EAD4J.
· Performed as team leader and was responsible for the authorization system and for creating and maintaining schedules with remote resources.
· Provided technical assistance and mentoring to team members while ensuring the quality of the work product.
· Responsible for resolving customer production issues and distributing work to team members if necessary.
· Held remote presentations to demonstrate new functionality to customers before each release.
· Bloomberg Multi Product Feed (MPF), Lasalle Broker Dealer Services, VB.NET, Sockets, Windows, SQL Server, Web Services
· Refactored VB.NET application to provide bond pricing data to Bloomberg Multi Product Feed to make bond products available to be purchased by more clients.
· Coded communications interface per MPF specification using .NET sockets classes to make communications more robust
· Replaced the ad-hoc data layer by using a .NET web service so that all applications would retrieve the same pricing data to eliminate software quality concerns while increasing code reuse.
· NASD Trace Reporting Interface, Lasalle Broker Dealer Services, VB.NET, ASP.NET, IBM MQ, Windows, SQL Server
· Created VB.NET application using .NET IBM MQ classes to transmit bond trades to NASD per the NASD trace reporting specification thereby reducing workload for operations department.
· Created and designed message infrastructured using IBM MQ classes for VB.NET
· Wrote code for messages according to the NASD specification for the Trade, No/Was, and Cancel messages.
· Configured and tested IBM MQ resources at client site according the the NASD specifications.
· Worked with NASDAQ to test interface and failover implementation using MQ.
· Integrated application with existing SQL server trade database to retrieve data to send to NASDAQ.
· Created ASP.NET intranet site as a backup to enter trade information if NASD or the automated interface was down so the two systems could be synchronized when the interface restarted..
· Bond Trading Website, Lasalle Broker Dealer Services, Java, JSP, Websphere, IBM MQ, XSL/XML, Windows, SQL Server
· Performed maintenance and enhancements on Websphere Bond trading application which allows clients to purchase bond products.
· Debugged and configured IBM MQ on test, development, and production environments to ensure real time updates where provided to the website.
· Debugged application performance issues and worked with remote team to resolve issues to run application in a shared UNIX environment.
· Fixed several XSL style sheets to correct functionality and enhance functionality on the website.
· International E-Commerce Website, Office Depot, Java, JSP, Websphere 5.1, Windows, SQL Server, SAP
· Participated in the internationalization and SAP conversion of the company’s european business services website.
· Converted existing code base to use SAP by creating data access objects for SAP by interfacing with the IBM JCA proxies.
· Internationalized JSP pages and Struts forms and actions to match new business requirements.
· Lead team to develop custom catalog functionality for individual users. Coordinated efforts of developers and database team within project plan.
· Implemented in memory catalog caching system using the JCS framework. Performed memory analysis on the server using Jprofiler to determine memory requirements of the caching system.
· Designed and developed functionality for asynchronous order processing emails using Websphere Embedded Messaging. Configured JMS server messaging settings on the application server and Websphere MQ settings for the messaging queues.
· Utilized XSLT and performed transforms to create content for html and text emails from order XML data and wrote code to put eml messages into the email queue. Internationalized XSLTs by using java extensions.
· Developed Message Driven Bean to send email message using the JavaMail interface.
· Developed MDB to listen to the email queue’s dead letter queue and save dead eml messages to the file system so that they could be forwarded to customer service.
· Developed JSP pages to access the SAP data access objects for data validation. Created Junit tests and Cactus tests for unit testing.
· Modified ANT build scripts to create a separate enterprise application for the data access web pages.
· Researched using IBM’s Business Process Integrator to reengineer workflow functionality.
· Software Licensing Application, Citrix Systems, Java, JSP, Apache Tomcat, Windows, SQL Server
· Extended and customized the Java Globetrotter licensing application written by Macrovision on Windows in Tomcat for the specific licensing requirements of Citrix Systems
· Implemented and deployed servlet filters for the Globetrotter servlets to perform custom business logic
· Refactored existing code into presentation, business, and data access tiers while adding Log4j logging
· Created JUnit tests for the business objects and data access objects
· Utilized Ant to automatically build java code, generate WSDL stubs, test, and deploy the software
· JUnit tests were executed and transformed into a customized HTML report by modifying the XSL template
· Refactored existing SQL server data access layer to utilize the Globetrotter Exchange Web Service to retrieve data from the Globetrotter application
· Created data access objects and façade to interface with the Globetrotter Exchange Web Service
· Utilized a Web service to send messages to a .NET application to be sent to MSMQ queue and Biztalk
· Wrote an XML object log to log failed operations and created a program to automatically parse the log and repeat the processing
a project to reengineer the
· Deployed the application on the Websphere Application Server running on AIX
· Configured and utilized the IBM Websphere test environment for unit testing.
· Utilized the IBM framework EAD4J for all aspects of development.
· Implemented the persistence layer of several domain components using the Topaz gem in EAD4J.
· Utilized the Jade Gem for the action handlers to process the user interface requests.
· Implemented a custom authentication manager using Diamond for site security.
· Implemented a custom User Registry to access the Oracle database on AIX and integrate with role based security in Websphere.
· Dealer Incentives System, JM Family Enterprises, Extreme Programming, J2EE, JSP, EJB, Weblogic, DB2, Windows 2000
· Performed all aspects of software development in all tiers using the extreme programming methodology for the development of a new system to manage incentive programs and retailer participation.
· Utilized core J2EE patterns it implement the architecture for the system including the Business Delegate, Factory, Value Object, Value Object Assembler, Singleton, and Data Access Object.
· Created sequence diagrams and templates to generate code for common round trip tasks in TogetherJ.
· Implemented database access objects in SQL and DB2 to comply with the star scheme database design pattern to provide a mechanism for performing analysis and historical tracking.
· Developed Message Driven Beans which used IBM MQ Series to send and receive messages to Lawson Accounting system running on AIX
· Transaction processing was provided by Weblogic session beans encapsulating atomic business logic.
· Developed meaningful tests in JUnit for server side testing of business logic.
· Utilized Ant for build management and execution of JUnit tests, Visual Source Safe for configuration management, and JBuilder for the IDE.
· Blue Cross Blue Shield Compensation System, RUP, UML, JSP, EJB, IBM Websphere, DB2, Windows 2000
· Performed duties as an application architect in an effort to re-engineer disparate legacy systems utilized to calculate and distribute producer compensation into a centralized flexible component based system.
· Assisted business users in understanding and documenting the commonality in their business processes across multiple business areas. Identified areas to improve workflow through automation. Participated in JAD session to understand business area methodologies for commission calculation.
· Mentored client staff on OOA/OOD and use case writing while capturing the desired functionality of the new system.
· Interacted with Rescueware analysts to ensure legacy system business rules were incorporated into the system under design.
· Assisted the client in segmenting the development effort by use case into iterations to mitigate technical risks as per the RUP guidelines.
· Developed the initial system object model in Rational Rose 2000 and segmented the functionality into appropriate subsystems.
· Worked with EAI team to understand implementation options for enterprise integration and the effects on the application architecture.
· Evaluated the initial candidate architecture using JSP, JDBC, EJB, DB2, Visual Age for Java, and Websphere.
· Performed the analysis, design, and implementation of several use cases in the first elaboration phase according to RUP guidelines.
· Wrote code to implement the use cases for the first elaboration phase in Java while isolating the business rules for commission calculation using JRules by ILOG.
· Theater Medical Information Program, C++, UML, XML, COM/DCOM, ATL, MFC, Windows NT
· Participated in the architecting and implementation of a medical information system to serve the military.
· Utilized UML and Rational Rose to design use cases; collaboration diagrams, and sequence diagrams to describe the software design and interaction of system components.
· System information was accessed by local and remote applications through event object interfaces provided by the COM/DCOM based system event handler.
· Wrote code to implement the system event handler as an ATL out of process multi-threaded apartment (MTA) COM server based upon the “publish-subscribe” and singleton design patterns.
· Designed interfaces with consideration for location transparency while minimizing object dependencies. Utilized marshal by value techniques to reduce network round trips for business objects access.
· Created a configurable thread pool used by the system event handler to publish events asynchronously to subscribing components. Utilized proper reference counting techniques for interface pointers passed between publication threads.
· Used critical sections to synchronize access to the event subscription linked-list by event handler publication threads. This allowed applications to subscribe and unsubscribe from events dynamically while the system was running.
· Utilized XML as the system data format to allow integration of disparate object models into a cohesive distributed system. Prototyped an XML parser used by applications to parse XML data into their own object models.
· Presented system software design and implementation concepts to external customers of the client.
· Wrote technical papers to convey software development concepts to internal and external project developers.
· Mentored project developers on C++, MFC, COM, DCOM, ATL, OOA/OOD, and software engineering concepts.
· Performed project lead duties to ensure completion of several system components within the schedule.
· Created a socket based transport mechanism from client to server to make the DCOM implementation more scalable. Investigated using SSPI to secure communications. Investigated using HTTP and/or SOAP.
· IBM ViaVoice 2000, C++, COM, MFC, Windows 9x/NT
· Upgraded user interface to have a more ‘IE Explorer’ look than ViaVoice 98.
· Replaced portions of existing code base with functionality provided by new COM objects.
· Enhanced product quality by fixing known and newly discovered problems.
· Ensured tight development schedule was met by working whenever needed.
· IBM ViaVoice Speech Recognition Software Development Kit - ATL, C++, COM, Windows 9x/NT
· Participated in the development of a suite of ATL ActiveX controls to enable independent software vendors to develop speech enabled applications.
· Provided ISVs with the ability to create elaborate word processing applications with voice dictation by creating a speech enabled RichEdit ATL ActiveX control.
· Developed a non-GUI ATL ActiveX control to hold a database of text for synchronization with the dictation manager control. A robust collection mechanism was created for fast access to the held text records.
· Automated CAD Software Application - MFC, C++, COM, Windows 95/N
· Performed research and applied knowledge gained to developing an object oriented component-based architecture of an existing software application.
· Analyzed the software to determine candidates for objects. Designed and implemented C++ classes for the candidates using object-oriented design patterns.
· Determined a path of migration towards total rearchitecture, yet still allowed newly created objects to be used in conjunction with over 1,000,000 lines of existing “C” code.
· Wrapped newly designed objects using ATL to be used via automation from VB, Access, and VBScript.
· Created an ActiveX control to display and interact with the CAD application objects
· Provided technical assistance for development of a remote build system using DCOM and NT Services.
· J. P. Morgan Global Cash Management System - MFC, C++, COM, Windows NT, OO, Booch, Unix, Encina++
· Designed a manual item matching GUI on Windows NT 4.0 using the object oriented Booch methodology and Rational Rose. Used object oriented design patterns to isolate GUI code from dependencies on data services by implementing a COM database wrapper. Utilized ActiveX Controls to isolate GUI components for specific business processes so that they could be reused by multiple applications. Coded the GUI using MFC and Visual C++.
· Utilized the Booch methodology and Rational Rose to design a UNIX background process to match incoming receipts to payment instructions based upon complex business logic.
· Designed and coded an application service interface to be used from Windows NT and Unix to access an Encina++ server running on Unix. Implemented application service wrappers for the GUI as COM objects to isolate Encina++ and data format dependencies from the GUI components.
· Developed a prototype Windows NT out of process data server using DCOM.
· Custom Business
Designed, coded, and tested a purchase order GUI with an SQL database interface through RDO in VB.
· New Business Tracking System - Microsoft Access 97, VBA
Improved the client’s ability to track new business and automatically determine commissions by designing and implementing a GUI and database with reporting capabilities.
Engineer, Lockheed Martin Corporation,
· Distributed Architecture Scheduling Software - C/C++, UNIX
Implemented complex scheduling algorithms on a distributed architecture UNIX system. Utilized engineering background to communicate with project engineers to understand the functionality of the software and then ensure its proper implementation.
· Parking Enforcement Geographical Information System - MFC C++, Windows NT
Created a GUI to allow authorities to determine the parking regulation of a user specified address. Designed a RPC interface from a PC to an ARC/INFO GIS server on a Sun workstation.
Engineer, Syncro Development Corporation,
· Telephony Application - MFC C++, Windows 95, Windows 3.1
Created a GUI and an API DLL for relational database operations. In the 32-bit version, provided MAPI support, and utilized the latest Win95 controls. Implemented a COM SAPI interface for Speech Recognition and TTS.
· Instrumentation Software - MFC C++, Windows 3.1
Allowed users to setup electrochemical experiments, collect, display, or analyze data in real-time through serial communications. Utilized engineering background to communicate with customer engineers.
· Graphical Advertisement Analysis - MFC C++, Windows 3.1
Performed project leader duties on an application, which allowed cable-programming providers to perform graphical analysis of advertisement efficiency for pay-per-view movies and reschedule the ads accordingly.
· Monitoring Custom Gas Blending - OWL C++, Windows 3.1
Interfaced a PC with an A/D board so that gas levels could be monitored. Developed a GUI, which allowed users to configure the instruments and display real-time information. Utilized the Q&E ODBC database library to store results. Generated reports using a Word Basic macro.
· Object Module Converter - ANSI C
Developed an application, which received MRI-object files as input and packaged them for transmission to 68000 based set-top cable boxes.
Engineer, Environmental Tectonics Corporation,
· Utilized the C language to develop PC based real-time control and monitoring systems for sterilization chambers.
· Wrote an assembly language I/O interface between the controlling PC and instrumentation hardware.
· Maintained and improved software written in PLM for 8086 based embedded sterilization systems.
Software Engineer, Cadre Technologies,
internationalizing teamwork, a CASE
tool, so that it could be utilized in
· Performed software testing, including automation of testing the teamwork database functions.