Newton, MA USA
Tel: (617) 412-7526
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Over twenty five years of application prototyping, design, development, and integration, the last fifteen of which are with Internet Enterprise Java systems and, lately, Android. Experience in managing large-scale development projects. Broad understanding of software architecture, distributed computing, and on-line data processing. Focused on building cost-effective and reliable technology solutions.
Technologies: Enterprise Java, Android, Internet and Web, Databases.
Applications: Web Services, Portals, Middleware, Data and Object Persistence, Appliance Connectivity, GIS/Location Services, Process Control.
Languages: Java/J2EE (Servlets, JSF, EJB, JPA, JMS, JTA, JMX, JNA, RMI, JNDI, JAAS, JSSE, JCA, JDBC), XML (Schema, Processing, Binding, Messaging, Transformation, XML query languages), SQL and PL/SQL, C++, VB, Fortran, Pascal.
Protocols: HTTP, SSL, SOAP, JSON, REST, LDAP, IMAP, SMTP, JDBC, Telnet.
Operating Systems: Android, Windows, Linux, Solaris, Digital UNIX.
Management: Iterative software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management.
2008 - Present: Independent Consultant, Newton, MA
- 11/17-04/18: Developed REST API to the Yardi's Proliphix Energy Management system (RESTEasy JAX-RS 2.0 implementation, JSON Web Token security).
- 07/17-10/17: Developed a web interface to Yale ZigBee locksets for the Yardi's Proliphix Energy Management system (ZigBee Home Automation specification 1.2).
- 01/17-06/17: Developed a web interface to third party network thermostats for the Yardi's Proliphix Energy Management system (Netty NIO, JSF/IceFaces/JBoss Seam, SmartGWT, Hibernate/EJB3, Postgres, JBoss, RedHat Linux).
- 11/15-07/16: Worked on new features to the BlackInk's marketing maps product (OpenStreetMaps, OpenLayers, Apache Tomcat).
- 06/15-09/15: Worked on Proliphix's Univista Energy Manager security vulnerabilities. Addressed SQL injection and cross-scripting issues (SmartGWT 3.1).
- 01/15-05/15: Designed a server architecture for General Enchantment, a startup. The architecture was based on a server-centered publish/subscribe model of interaction between mobile devices and digital signage boards. Recommended a software platform for implementation (Microsoft Azure cloud, node.js, MySQL).
- 07/14-12/14: Designed a Security Information and Event Management system for Virsec Systems, a cyber security startup. The design was based on the concept of a service bus. Recommended a software platform for implementation (Apache TomEE, REST API, JPA) and provided a POC.
- 06/13-06/14 - Proliphix Inc: Developed multiple enhancements to the Univista Energy Manager, a scalable J2EE application for the management, control and monitoring of residential and commercial internet thermostats (Netty connections, JSF/IceFaces/JBoss Seam, Hibernate/EJB3, Postgres on JBoss 5.1/RedHat Linux 6). Worked on the system's analytical data processing extensions (SmartGWT 3.1). Solved device connectivity, data persistence, system scalability, performance, and security problems.
- 01/13-05/13: Developed a proprietary implementation of Push Messaging for Android. Published two experimental apps that use the push notification technology on Google Play (Android client, Servlet 3.0 Asynchronous Processing).
- 01/11-12/11 - GE Global Research: Worked on GE's electric vehicle charging station display project -- a multi-fragmented Android app that enabled electric charger control, remote charger location and reservation, and access to local business content (Android rowboat 2.3 on TI AM3517, Android 2.3, RESTEasy, Apache ServiceMix). A companion app could control a charger from a variety of wireless Android devices (Android 2.2 - 3.1).
- 01/08-12/10: Designed and developed RouteCentral, a travel portal site for trip route recording and sharing (Google Maps API, AJAX, jQuery, REST). Wrote and published a series of location-based apps on Android Market that provided mobile access to the portal. The Android apps were designed as GPS-guided tour bundles with interactive maps, real-time point-to-point navigation, point-of-interest alerts, and text-to-speech audio support (Android Google Maps APIs, Google App Engine). Worked with travel book publishers and authors on content development.
2004 - 2007: Architect. PFPC, Westborough, MA
- Developed a legacy integration tier of the company's enterprise e-commerce platform. The tier was implemented as a persistence layer that interacts with legacy resources of different kind and exposes their data to the client tier via a common interface and a shared domain model (J2EE 1.4, JCA 1.0, IBM's CTG ECI adapter, IBM's Websphere Webservices, JDBC, JAX-WS). Connectivity, transaction, and security aspects of the interaction with the legacy systems were addressed. The tier design and extensive use of code generation techniques ensured rapid exposure of new data structures and fast time to production.
- Designed and developed a data access object (DAO) framework for the company's CICS record keeping system. The framework provided a mechanism for object persistence and the functionality for object-to-legacy data mapping (J2SE 1.4, Java Reflection, Jakarta Commons).
- Proposed an architecture for the business tier of the company's enterprise e-commerce platform. The architecture opened the business layer to orchestration via web services and integration with business rule engines.
- Developed a web service that supplied a feed of fund shareholders data hosted at PFPC to DST Vision, a financial adviser portal (Apache Axis 1.2, later ported to IBM's Websphere/WSDK 5.1).
- Developed a methodology and a tool kit for performance profiling and load testing of the company's proprietary legacy data service. Recommended a new, J2EE compliant, service architecture that involved JCA and a DAO framework; wrote a prototype.
2003 - 2004: Principal Software Engineer. Brightline Technology, Rye, NH
- Worked on a J2EE application server product. The product provided Java application development platform to Lotus Domino customers and was based on the open source JBoss application framework. Was a major contributor to the overall design of the product.
- Designed and developed a JSR-77 compliant J2EE Management client for the server product (JMX, RMI, JAAS, Notes/Domino 6) and its server counterpart, a universal deployment component (JMS, Sockets, Servlet 2.3, Apache Xerces and Ant Java libraries, JBoss 3, Notes/Domino 6).
- Contributed to the overall design of the application security solution provided by the server. The solution was an extension of JBoss's LDAP login module.
- Recommended and provided a pilot implementation of the company's second product, a portal server, that was based on the open source Liferay Enterprise Portal.
- Developed the alpha version of the portal product, integrated the portal security infrastructure and its mail services with Domino (Struts and Tiles, EJB, Hibernate, IMAP, Domino 6).
1998 - 2002: Independent Consultant, Newton, MA
- 11/02-12/02 - MassGIS: Developed a geocoding web service (Servlet 2.3, JSP 1.2, JDBC 2.1, JBoss/Tomcat). The service provided functionality for HTTP address file upload, background multi-thread address data processing (JDK 1.3, MapInfo MapMarker Java API), request status tracking and Web access to result downloads.
- 06/01-10/02 - Putnam Investments: Developed an XML Web service to access the fund shareholders data. The service was a component of a larger distributed system connecting various financial service parties via the DTCC XML Switch. The service was designed as a J2EE application running under iPlanet 6 on SPARK Solaris and interfacing with IBM MQ Series, the company's enterprise messaging system. The XML schema was W3C Recommendation compliant. XML databinding framework by Castor was used to facilitate the delivery of the product.
- 09/00-05/01 - Cogentric: Lead the development of the web tier of an on-line e-business performance evaluation and insurance tool. The product was a four tier J2EE compliant system (Weblogic 5/6 on Windows 2000). Was a major contributor to the overall design of the product. Designed the presentation tier (Servlet 2.3, JSP 1.2), wrote the interface to the enterprise tier. Managed the implementation and overall integration of the first release of the product.
- 01/00-08/00 - FleetBoston: Worked as a member of VIANT incubator team on the NetFriday portal project. The portal was designed using the Epicentric portal management framework (Sun Solaris, Apache, JServ, GNU JSP). Developed a portal module for account aggregation. The module managed the interaction between the portal and Yodlee, the account aggregation service provider. The interaction was conducted by XML message exchange over SSL (JDK 1.2, JSP, Servlets, SAX XML parser, Phaos' SSL implementation).
1989 - 1999: Application Development Mgr. Mass Water Resources Authority, Boston, MA
- Provided application development and database management solutions to the scientific, engineering, planning, regulatory, and operational departments of the Authority. Lead the development team of 12.
- Developed and managed the implementation of the company's database and application architecture as a three-tier distributed computing environment. The architecture was based on the technologies provided by Digital, ORACLE, Microsoft, and ESRI (ORACLE 7/8 database engines and ARC/Info GIS on Digital ALPHA UNIX and VMS servers, MS-Windows 95/98/NT clients, X-Windows terminal emulation, Windows NT 4.0 application servers, TCP/IP on Ethernet WAN).
- Developed and implemented the infrastructure for the company's business intelligence systems. Provided overall architecture for data warehouse repositories (ORACLE, ARC SDE). Lead the design of the interactive client/server end-user tools for discovery and analysis of the enterprise data (VB, Map Objects, PL/SQL).
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of the company's Laboratory Data Management (Beckman-Coulter LabManager C/S), Geographic Information Management (ESRI ARC/Info), Environmental Control, Monitoring and Operations Management (ORACLE Designer/Developer 2000, C++, ProC) systems.
Prior to 1989:
Principal Software Engineer. Control Systems Inc, Minsk, USSR
- Designed and developed a real-time decision support system for the water distribution supervisory control and data acquisition.
- Supervised 5 technical professional staff.
Scientific Programmer. Institute of Urban Development, Minsk, USSR
- Developed computational methods and a library of programs for system analysis and optimization of nonlinear fluid flow engineering networks.
MS Computer Science, BS Engineering. Polytechnic Institute, Minsk, USSR